pinesandmaples: My hands making the rock symbol.  (knitting: gloves)
[personal profile] pinesandmaples posting in [community profile] spinning
Happy Tour de Fleece Eve!

Tomorrow kicks off three weeks of awesome spinning time. What goals have you set for yourself? What are you aiming to achieve? What do you hope to get out of your TdF work?

Date: 2010-07-03 12:58 am (UTC)
illuviel: Alan Cumming as Glitch from Tin Man. (Default)
From: [personal profile] illuviel
Goals:

Read up on TdF (I hope Google is my friend).

Do something with it.


Luckily, I have a copy of Interweave Press's Respect the Spindle on loan from the library... I may be able to do something with it.

It's vegetable, not animal, but I have a banana stalk for retting in the back yard and some palmetto fiber ... I think I'll be doing something with them in the next three weeks and putting something up at Ravelry when I'm done (enough with it to share?)

I hope to get more fiber experimentation and proofs of concept done.

In dyeing news, I'll be working with indigo and turmeric ... but that's animal fiber. Mine. (I'm dyeing my hair with 'em in the next week or so, having prepared it by prebleaching. I'm mangling the instructions @ C. Cartwright-Jones' Henna and Indigo Pages in order to achieve green on purpose. Will also share those results.

(I have attempted spinning my hair into cordage, after learning Australian aboriginal peoples have done so, but my hair is fine and wavy and has little texture; it didn't work, and I don't expect a retry for TdF to bear good result.)

Profile

Spinning: fiber into yarn

June 2025

S M T W T F S
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
222324 25262728
2930     

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 15th, 2026 08:47 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios