pinesandmaples: My hands making the rock symbol.  (knitting: gloves)
[personal profile] pinesandmaples posting in [community profile] spinning
We are three days out! It is not too late for Team [name of Dreamwidth team here] to form!

I'm referring to this version of Tour de Fleece, which is wildly active.

I will be spinning for TdF, and [personal profile] rooibos will be joining me (not that she knows it yet). Hi, honey!

If we, the spinners of Dreamwidth, want to make this go, we should probably have a name so we can submit it to the TdF organizers. Suggestions? Interest?

Date: 2010-06-30 02:55 pm (UTC)
laughingrat: A detail of leaping rats from an original movie poster for the first film of Nosferatu (Default)
From: [personal profile] laughingrat
I should join Team Hopelessly Overcommitted. :( Sorry I haven't been present to help organize this.

I second Team Dreamsheep (whatever punctuation is used).

Date: 2010-06-30 03:20 pm (UTC)
mu: (yarrrrrn)
From: [personal profile] mu
oh man, I so want to do this. I kind of failed last year -- gave myself a spinning injury and had to sit out part of it. :( I'm tempted to give it another shot and set a less-lofty goal for myself so I have a chance of finishing without pain this time, haha.

I love Team Dreamsheep!

Date: 2010-06-30 03:23 pm (UTC)
laughingrat: A detail of leaping rats from an original movie poster for the first film of Nosferatu (Default)
From: [personal profile] laughingrat
Have you heard of the ten minutes a day pledge? It's so simple, yet kind of a radical idea in a way--ten minutes a day, every day, of spinning. It's actually hard to stick to (I injure my hands easily too, plus being pretty busy and low-energy), but is a goal that's fairly easy to achieve without sustaining injury.

I think as long as you spin every day on the TdF, you've "won." :-D But then some people are very SRSBZNS about it in a way that I'm not.

Date: 2010-06-30 03:28 pm (UTC)
mu: (Default)
From: [personal profile] mu
hmm, I just went back and looked at my last year's goal -- which was to spin for at least 10 minutes a day, aim for 30, and spin all my alpaca roving. (I have a lot of that. like over 10 oz.)

I'm gonna modify that: spin at least 10 min per day and finish spinning a (small) amount of wool I've been meaning to get to. I think that's manageable! :) I'll try not to get all crazy competitive with myself this time. spinning is not SRSBZNS, self.

I'm nightbird on ravelry. I'll hop on and join the group!

Date: 2010-06-30 03:31 pm (UTC)
laughingrat: A detail of leaping rats from an original movie poster for the first film of Nosferatu (Default)
From: [personal profile] laughingrat
I might as well too, why not be part of two three I can't remember how many teams?

Date: 2010-06-30 03:33 pm (UTC)
mu: (Default)
From: [personal profile] mu
and whoooops, I spun in the 2008 tour, not the 2009! well I should definitely be all rested up for the 2010 one! ;)

Date: 2010-06-30 03:23 pm (UTC)
sedge: image of Dreamwidth sheep spinning yarn from the logo (dreamsheep)
From: [personal profile] sedge
I won't be participating in this, but if you want to adapt my icon for TdF ravatars, feel free.

Date: 2010-07-01 01:05 am (UTC)
sporky_rat: Grommit knitting from 'Wallace and Grommit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit' (knitting)
From: [personal profile] sporky_rat
I would totally join, but I don't have anything to spin with yet!

Profile

Spinning: fiber into yarn

June 2025

S M T W T F S
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
222324 25262728
2930     

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 15th, 2026 08:48 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios